Inaugural Walk For Trees & 5K
Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 9am
The City of Orlando and IDEAS For Us welcome you to a modern environmental event. Walk For Trees is a 5K walk (or run) around the beautiful Lake Baldwin, a showcase of music, food, and community. The event is family-friendly and kids 13 and under are free.
The Office of Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer will help kick off the event to emphasize Orlando's inaugural event to create more canopy coverage. The One Person One Tree initiative is committed to increase Orlando's tree canopy from 27% to 40% by 2040. At Walk For Trees, every registrant will receive one free tree from a selection of trees*. We ask that you plant this tree in your favorite location so that the tree can make Orlando a better place.
Join us as we kick off Earth Month with the biggest, most tree-productive planting Orlando can offer. We want to see you here on April 10th at Lake Baldwin!
* All official City of Orlando residents who participate will receive a Free Tree delivered to their home via sign-up, and Non-Orlando Residents will have a tree planted in their name by IDEAS For Us to create the IDEAS Urban Forest Park.
Sunday, April 10th, 2016
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
Harbor Park @ Lake Baldwin
(4990 New Broad St, Orlando, FL 32814)
$30 per person* (Children Under 13 Free)
- 9AM: Event Kickoff and Opening remarks
- 9:30AM - 9:45AM: Music by Orlando Philharmonic
- 9:45AM - 10AM: Speeches
- 10AM - 10:45AM: Music + Sponsor Expo
- 10:45AM - 12PM: Walk around the Lake and Food Venders + Expo + Body//Talk
- 12PM - 1PM: DJ Dizzle Phunk + Expo
- 1PM: Closing Ceremonies
- ALL AGES WELCOME!
**DID YOU KNOW: Orlando is proud to be a Tree City USA since 1976, named a Sterling Tree City USA in 2011 and received a Tree Growth Award every year since 1990.